Free Disability Confident Practical Webinars
During these unprecedented and challenging times, it’s important to keep closely connected to the widest Disability Confident employer community so that during and after COVID-19, disabled people are recruited and retained in work and not left behind.
The Ability Networks provide a brilliant platform to deliver practical and useful information to employers that, at this time, require advice, guidance and support.
To do this in the most effective way, a number of Disability Confident Leaders are working together and have set up four free national webinars, to be hosted by Professor Amanda Kirby (CEO Do it) with support from Dr Eamonn O’Neal DL (new High Sheriff of Greater Manchester from April 17 2020).
Webinar topics and details:
Topic 1: New Ways of Working – how best to support disabled people
When: 22nd April 2020 11.30 - 12.00
• Creating your home-work setting
• Considering your ergonomic environment
• Accessible hints and tips
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6029084455780210443
Webinar ID: 384-426-099
Topic 2: Managing Communications in your team and ensuring accessibility
When: 30th April 2020 11.30 - 12.00
• What does communication mean in a virtual environment?
• How do we get the setting right?
• How to avoid communication clashes in your team
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6515508399908415499
Webinar ID: 176-746-427
Topic 3: Looking after your health and well-being
When: 6th May 2020 11.30 - 12.00
• Understanding anxieties at this time
• Considering ways of taking control
• Ways to help your whole-self and supporting others
• Hints and tips
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3746708323238313995
Webinar ID: 491-693-875
Topic 4: Recruiting and Retaining Disabled People
When: 13th May 2020 11.30 - 12.00
• Considering the challenges that COVID 19 has raised for disability employment
• Opening up new opportunities for work
• Question and answer session
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8430137475378197771
Webinar ID: 335-182-307